Leading Investment Management Firm
Our Approach to Private Equity
We believe in a proactive approach to investing, hence our consistent application of a private equity investment model in all our investment activities, characterised by the following:
- Holding atleast 2 board seats on the boards of our investee companies medium- to long-term investment holding period.
- Holding atleast 25.1% shareholding in our investee companies so that we have influence. In instances where we hold less than 25.1%, we ensure that our investment structure provides that we still have influence.
- Target IRR of 25%.
- Investing in partnerships with strong international operators with technical know-how, financial capacity and experience.
- Prudent accounting for our investments.
- Strong focus on portfolio management, characterised by effective management and monitoring of our investments.
- Our portfolio management process requires, amongst others, various technical skills ranging from financial, risk management and business, to devising and negotiating exit.
- Structured exit from our proprietary investments through one or a combination of the following:
- Sale to our investment/operating partners;
- Sale to other financial investors; and/or
- IPO of our investee companies.
Our Proprietary Private Equity Portfolio
ESW has built a diversified regional portfolio of assets in microfinance, fintech and insurance.